Farmers who want to improve their forages and get started on environmental verification are encouraged to attend a field day Sept. 20
Hosted by Single Tree Farms, 6125 Matthews Road in Olivet, the title of the field day is “Growing green: Improving forages and maximizing results.”
The field day begins at 2 p.m. and runs until 7 p.m. with dinner included.
Farmers who attend the free event will learn from in-field demonstrations, including:
- Introducing livestock into row crops
- Grazing leases for cover crops
- Liability and grazing rented land
- Fencing and water considerations
- Cost-share opportunities with the Natural Resources Conservation Service will be presented.
Attending farmers can also get MAEAP Phase 1 continuing education credits at the event.
RSVP to the Eaton County Conservation District by calling (517) 543-1512, ext. 5, or by emailing Tim Redder at [email protected]