To build on Farm Bureau’s rich history of investment in leadership development, this scholarship program supports Farm Bureau members in furthering leadership development growth by supporting their enrollment in external leadership programs that can fulfill key leadership skills.
- Michigan Farm Bureau regular member in good standing with a current paid membership
- Have participated in at least 1 county level Farm Bureau event
- Agree to go back to your county Farm Bureau and share the experience and leadership skills developed and gained from program.
- Provide documentation of acceptance into the program, and submit proof of payment for the event by itemized receipt
- Submit proof of attendance by submitting 3-5 pictures of yourself at the event and be willing to visit with MFB communications staff regarding your experience
- Scholarship fund will be administered on a first-come, first-serve basis until annual budgeted dollars are depleted
- Scholarships will be dispersed to applicants who meet the criteria and have completed and submitted an electronic application by the deadline
- Scholarships will be remitted after proof of payment by itemized receipt is provided by applicant
- Maximum award is up to $1,500 per applicant. Applicants are limited to one scholarship award per calendar year.
- Applications are due by the 1st of each month. Decisions will be made and all applicants will be notified by email listed in the application by the 15th of each month.
- Only electronic applications will be considered. Apply here.
- We encourage applicants to apply at least 60 days in advance of the event.
- Applications will be reviewed by an internal MFB Staff Committee appointed by MFB Management.
- Should include and align with MFB member identified leadership objectives/priorities:
- engaging consumers and policymakers
- conflict resolution
- networking & building connections
- creativity & innovation
- Should Not be an MFB or County Farm Bureau program
- Should be external organization or AFBF programs/events