Protecting Your Smile
Looking for some help with dental bills? Farm Bureau’s Traditional Plus dental plan – administered by Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan – covers both preventive and major dental services.
Choose a Dentist
With Farm Bureau’s Traditional Plus dental plan, you have the freedom to choose any licensed dentist. Network dentist or not, you’re covered. However, your benefits will stretch the farthest when you use Blue PPO dentists.
Farm Bureau’s Traditional Plus dental plan covers up to $1,200 of dental services per person each year. You can extend this benefit even further by using Blue PPO dentists, who accept a discounted rate for their services. After you’ve met an annual deductible of $50, preventive services are covered 75% while restorative and constructive services are covered 50%. A maximum of two deductibles are required for family policies.
Covered services include:
- Preventive services like cleanings, x-rays, exam, sealants and fluoride treatments
- Restorative services like fillings, crowns, root canals and extractions
- Constructive services like bridges, dentures and endosteal implants
Orthodontics services are not covered.
Waiting Period for Major Services
Preventive services are covered right away, once you’ve paid your premium and the policy has taken effect. Six months after your policy starts, you’ll be eligible for coverage for restorative and constructive services as well.
To enroll in Farm Bureau’s Traditional Plus dental plan, you must meet all of the following criteria:
Dependent children can be covered under your dental policy through the end of the calendar year in which they turn 19 years of age if you continue to be covered by the plan and both these are true:
- The child is related to you by birth, marriage, legal adoption, or legal guardianship.
- The child is unmarried.
You can extend coverage for your dependent child past the age of 19 if you continue to be covered by the plan and all of these are true:
- The dependent is related to you by birth, marriage, legal adoption, or legal guardianship.
- The dependent is between 19 and 25 years of age.
- The dependent is unmarried.
- The dependent lives with you (unless they reside somewhere else temporarily, as in the case of college students).
- The dependent receives more than half of their support from you.
- The dependent is a full-time student for at least five months of the year, or has a gross income of less than four times the personal exemption amount identified by the current IRS Code.
Understanding Your Benefits
Annual deductible - $50: A deductible is a fixed amount you must pay toward covered dental services each year before benefits are payable by the dental plan.
Coinsurance - 25% or 50%: Coinsurance is a percentage you must pay for covered services once your deductible is met. Dental procedures are divided into types of service or classes.
Annual benefit maximum - $1,200/person: The maximum dollar amount your dental plan will pay out in benefits over the course of a calendar year.
Calculate Your Premium
To determine your personal dental insurance rate, select the number of people to be covered and your county of residence from the pull-down menus below. Your rate quote will automatically appear in the box labeled monthly rate.
Contact your health-certified Farm Bureau Insurance Agent for solutions to your health care needs.
Effective Dates of Coverage
Applications submitted to Farm Bureau Health Services will have an effective date of the 1st of the following month for Class 1 (preventive) services. There is a six-month waiting period from your effective date of coverage for Class 2 (restorative) and Class 3 (constructive) services.
This is a prepaid dental coverage plan. Claims will not be paid and acknowledgement of coverage will not be given until the first premium payment has been made.
Make No Decision Alone
Need help choosing a health or dental insurance plan? We’ve got you covered! And there’s no charge for our services, so take advantage of our expertise.