Skip to main content
Michigan Farm Bureau Family of Companies

Auto Repair

Protection Against Vehicle Damage

Prepare yourself for the unexpected. At Farm Bureau Insurance of Michigan, we care about protecting your vehicle with coverages that fit your needs. That’s why we cover damages caused by collisions, as well as non-collision damages, to keep you safe wherever you’re headed next. 

Auto official

Get Started

Be prepared if your vehicle is damaged after an accident – request a custom quote today.


Farm Bureau Insurance offers a variety of coverages to assist you if your vehicle is damaged. We’ll help to get you back on the road quickly and safely. 

Non-Collision Damage

Comprehensive coverage covers damages other than collision and is optional under the Family Auto Policy. Non-Collision damages can include falling objects, fire, theft or an impact with an animal, such as a deer.   


To report a road service claim, call 877-FBINSMI (877-324-6764) and Press 1.

If your policy includes Comprehensive, Collision or Emergency Road Service coverage, a representative will help to arrange assistance for you. This can include towing, flat tire change, lockout, battery jump start and emergency fuel. Towing is covered up to $300 and must be within 15 miles to the nearest repair facility. Those without coverage will be provided with contacts of three local repair facilities to arrange their own road service. 


To report a glass claim, call 877-FBINSMI (877-324-6764) and Press 2.

A representative will assist you in scheduling a glass repair or replacement. To find out if you qualify for chip repair on your auto glass, contact your agent.

a tree branch is shown fallen on a car with a broken window

Collision Damage

This coverage helps pay repairs or replacements if you’ve had an accident with another vehicle or object, like a tree, causing collision damage. From documentation to rentals and deductibles, your Farm Bureau Insurance agent can help you understand and prepare the necessary information required for your auto claim. 

front and back of two vehicles that ran into each other
Shield clipboard

FB Express Auto

Farm Bureau Insurance’s FB Express Auto program offers fast service from our network of preferred auto repair facilities. You’ll receive a quality repair with the added benefits of direct communications and payment between the facility and Farm Bureau Insurance.

Police Report

Police Reports are needed for all collisions with other vehicles or inanimate objects, whenever possible. Police reports are also necessary for all theft and vandalism claims. Our Claims Department will order it or you can get it if you prefer (cost of the report is reimbursable). If it is not possible to get a police report, the next best thing would be a security guard or witness statement.

Rental Vehicle

Auto Rental Reimbursement is an optional coverage available on the Family Auto Policy. If you elected to include this endorsement on your policy, please call Claims for specific details during business hours at 517-323-6614 or 800-292-2680, extension 6614.

Average Claim Timeframe

You should receive more information from your claim representative, but the following are average time frames for processing vehicle claims.

  • Roadside assistance or glass – Two days 
  • Minimal Vehicle Damage – Review of estimate and photo only, no personal inspection – Four business days 
  • Extensive Vehicle Damage – Personal inspection of damage by a field auto appraiser – Five business days 
  • Total Loss – Seven business days

Estimates & Photos

If your vehicle is safe to drive, your Claim Representative will need:

  1. One repair estimate from the body shop of your choice; and
  2. Clear photos to show all damages. (Your agent can take the pictures if you need assistance.)

Photos & Estimates can be sent to us in the following ways:

Save Money

You can save money on your deductible if you qualify for a chip repair on your auto glass or a paintless dent repair. Please talk to your Farm Bureau agent or auto appraiser for more details. If your vehicle is not safe to drive a Field Auto Appraiser will contact you to schedule an inspection of the vehicle. 

Note: Please provide a daytime location of your auto, so it can be assigned to the appropriate appraiser.


There are three types of collision deductibles available under the Family Auto Policy:

  1. Broadened Collision – The deductible will apply if the insured is substantially at fault
  2. Regular Collision – The deductible always applies.
  3. Limited Collision – The deductible would always apply. However there is no collision coverage for losses where the insured is substantially at fault.

What if the accident was not my fault?

Under Michigan’s No-Fault Law, you always report the accident to your own insurance company. If the other driver was at fault, you may be entitled to a maximum of $1,000 from them for damage to your vehicle that is not covered under your own policy, such as a deductible. Mini-Tort is an optional coverage that you can purchase for your policy. It would cover up to $1,000 for someone else’s vehicle in the event that you were at fault.

A man puts a tire on a car

Vehicle Total Loss FAQ