ProFILE: Institute for Leadership Education
Tailored to Farm Bureau members between the ages of 25 and 35, Michigan Farm Bureau's Institute for Leadership Education, better known as ProFILE, is a leadership experience for agriculture's most promising leaders.
The 15-month program instills pride for the agricultural industry and Farm Bureau. Objectives include helping participants:
- Grow personally and professionally.
- Improve their strengths by understanding leadership styles and skills.
- Enhance their communication, organization and public speaking skills.
- Set priorities and goals and improve time management skills.
- Sharpen their team building and networking skills.
- Increase their understanding of the legislative process.
- Increase awareness of agricultural issues in the world’s economy through building national and international perspectives.
Why Join ProFILE
As part of ProFILE, you’ll engage with and learn from farmers in same stage of life as you. Michigan may be the second most agriculturally diverse state in the nation, but we’re a tight knit community, and ProFILE is another great example of that support network.
The program also includes a Washington, D.C. experience and a week-long tour that exposes participants to agriculture and Farm Bureau activities in other states. Trips traditionally include stops at the American Farm Bureau Federation headquarters, food processors, marketing organizations, farms and infrastructure hubs throughout the Midwest.
To be considered, candidates must be nominated by their county Farm Bureau in addition to completing an application.