Skip to main content
Michigan Farm Bureau Family of Companies

Making Repairs

Once your claim representative has assessed your loss, you can begin to make the necessary repairs. Here are some points to help you in that process.

  • You can select a contractor of your choice.
  • If you do not know a contractor, your claim representative can suggest some reputable contractors in your area.

What if my house is uninhabitable?

  • Your policy provides coverage in the event you cannot live in your house due to a covered loss.
  • Please contact your claim representative before making arrangements to move to another location. (In emergency situations, prior contact is not necessary.)
  • Your policy will cover reasonable extra expenses that are above and beyond what you would normally spend. Please keep all receipts.

Here are a few additional things you can do to assure that the process goes as smoothly as possible:

  • Make sure the claim representative knows how and where to contact you.
  • Notify us immediately if you obtain any new information about your claim.
  • Notify us immediately if you have any problems with having your property repaired or replaced.
  • Provide to us in writing the name and policy number of any other insurance companies that may also provide coverage for this loss.

This claim information is not intended to change or modify any of the conditions, terms, provisions, or requirements contained in the policy. Any obligations or legal rights which may be available to you or the insurance company are reserved.