SPF 100, SPF 15, SPF 30… how do you know which one to buy? You don't want to underestimate the suns rays. They can do a lot of damage to our precious skin. Here are some things to keep in mind when using sunscreen this summer.
- SPF 30 blocks 97% of the sun’s rays
- There is no sunscreen that can block 100% of the sun
- Even on cloudy days you should wear sunscreen outside because the sun's rays still penetrate through the clouds
- Sunscreen should be re-applied every two hours -- especially if you're in the water
- If using a spray sunscreen, make sure to use plenty of it. It does not apply as thick as the traditional method
- Be sure to seek moisturizer for your face that has SPF in it to ensure your face is protected
- Consider doing the same with chapstick to protect your lips
No matter the skin complexion, everyone should wear sunscreen. You should protect your skin not only so it stays soft but because you should be fighting against skin cancer. Have fun in the sun this summer but remember to wear your sunscreen.